Sunday, May 31, 2009

What time is it? Summertime! It's our vacation!


We finished our lessons for the year before Memorial Day, but I realized I never posted an "end-of-the-year" post here. I consider my kids "done" with the "school year" at this point, but the learning never stops. lol

David has a few things to finish before fall and I need to make him a list. He will have completed a year of high school American history by then, so he'll already have one credit under his belt. He'll be partly done with Algebra 1 by then too.

We will continue doing math and reading throughout the summer, mostly on days that are grey and lonely. If there's a chance to go anywhere and do anything and the weather is decent, we take the opportunity! I expect that the lessons to days-off ratio will be somewhere around 2:3 throughout the summer, maybe 3:2 for the older kids.

Bible study will continue - a great way to begin our days! I also plan to assign each child a map study packet and we'll repeat our Child Survival Skills unit since James and Suzy were quite a bit younger when we did that the first time.

I'm going to take a cue from my friend Jennifer and have the kids earn points to turn in for rewards. The details of that are sketchy at this point, but I'll share them once I have them nailed down. Maybe I can do that yet today.

So, the kids have completed their school years - David finished 8th grade, Emily completed 6th grade, and Suzy finished 1st grade. James is partway through 4th; his is an odd situation and I have a blog post about him started.

So, bring on the sunshine and warmth! We're ready for Beach Days and camping!

What time is it?
Summertime...
School's out, scream and shout!

1 comment:

Niffercoo said...

You did not!! The title?? ROFL!!