Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 18

For Today... May 18, 2009

Outside my window... The neighbors have made some progress on their huge up-in-the-air playhouse, our grass needs to be mowed, a basketball is sitting on the sidewalk, and the trash cans are waiting to be hauled back from the curb.

I am thinking... about comment spam. I'm getting a TON of it on my Wordpress blog - http://www.meredithmalone.com/blog/. Any ideas for prevention? Thankfully I have all comments moderated, so they don't publish automatically.

From the learning rooms... Winding down and getting ready for our transition into summer learning. Thursday is our last day of the regular "school year". But the learning never stops!

I am thankful for... a new library to visit! I got a library card at yet another library on Friday. This makes a total of FOUR libraries where I have borrowing privileges!

From the kitchen... a completed weekly menu (well, mostly) and a full pantry and fridge. Today a cake will be created for my daughter.

I am wearing... Jeans, pink tee, grey pull over sweatshirt (it was 59 in the house this AM!), white socks, black slippers.

I am reading... The Barbarian Way: Unleash the Untamed Faith Within by Erwin Raphael McManus (recommended by my pastor) and Senior High: A Home-Designed Form-U-La by Barbara Edtl Shelton. No fiction right now, except what I am reading aloud to the kids (and the two audiobooks I'm (not) listening to).

I've been watching...
a LOT. Oklahoma (1999 version), Hairspray (2007 version), The Librarian (Judas Chalice one, you know with Noah Wyle) and High School Musical 3. I'm not reading fiction right now, so I guess the fiction part of my brain is available for movies - musicals, no less. lol

I am hoping... that the missing library DVD turns up. It was here, and then.... it wasn't! Did it grow legs? Did a thief sneak in and take JUST THAT ONE DVD? Perhaps it merely morphed into some other object? Maybe THAT's where that teeny tiny orc sword came from?
[UPDATE 4:30PM - found it! YAY!]


I am creating... another to-do list. There's a lot to do!

I am hearing... Someone mowing in the neighborhood, "Everybody dance now!" (David), people talking about their lessons.

Around the house... Hanging laundry on the line at every opportunity. Bob is working on the back porch and repairing the fridge that I so naively thought was fixed. Tearing everything apart looking for that missing DVD. Trying to get back into couponing.

One of my favorite things... Writing. I need to get back to it.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Other than lessons, we have three soccer games, a dessert 'banquet' for the girls club, a book sale to shop at, helping with soccer registration, and book club. But, best of all? Suzy's seventh birthday is this week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
Lost a tooth! And another is ready to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the OK with Hugh Jackman in it! But my library didn't get it in! :(

KarenW said...

I had no idea there was a 1999 version of OK. I've got to see it!