Monday, May 11, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 11

For Today... May 11, 2009

Outside my window... the kitty-corner neighbor is building some kind of huge play structure out of wood, Sun is shining, grass is growing (long), and the sky is blue.

I am thinking... about camping! I made reservations for us to attend our church's Family Camp for 8 days at the end of June. We went three years ago and I'm looking forward to it again. Plus we'll do homeschool camping at the end of August and hopefully at least one other camping trip mid-summer.

From the learning rooms... lots of procrastination on the students' parts today. Even some crying. And foolish giggling. And time wasting. It's too bad they didn't buckle down and work so they could go out this afternoon.

I am thankful for... God's promise to strengthen me and fill me with joy.

From the kitchen... The kitchen fridge has stopped cooling. It's a good thing we have the other (newer) fridge as a back-up. I had to empty the kitchen one into the other one (in the back room) and we are hoping that defrosting the inoperable one will repair it. If not? Then Bob has to redo the cabinets to bring the taller fridge into the kitchen.

I am wearing... Pink "Life is good" t-shirt, jeans, white socks, white house shoes, hair blown dry, no makeup.

I am reading... Sex God by Rob Bell about the relationship between spirituality and sexuality. I'm about halfway and there's nothing earth-shaking in there so far.

I've been watching... Lost in Austen, a BBC series that puts a time-traveling twist on Pride and Prejudice. Also, a DVD viewing of The Day the Earth Stood Still, which I saw in the theater.

I am hoping... Emily can mow the yard this afternoon. Bob is teaching her. And I guess David gets to learn to weed whack.

I am creating... a stack of class proposals for our next co-op year. (If you have a proposal, please get it to me soon! I need more!) Also a weekly menu. Life runs so much more smoothly when I have that planned out.

I am hearing... Bob explaining something to James.

Around the house... the above-mentioned fridge issue, clothes hanging on the clothesline, the leftover sale stuff stacked in the back room

One of my favorite things... Going to the movies. I'm sure you had no idea about that, did you? LOL

A few plans for the rest of the week... Lessons Monday-Friday, Writing when I can fit it in, Soccer Tu/Th/Sat, Chess Club Tuesday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
Here are a couple pix of a card I made at a friend's craft night. One shows all the pieces separated and the other shows it put together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love, Mom