Sunday, November 29, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - November 29

For Today... November 29, 2009

Outside my window... Overcast and November-ish. Bleh and Brrrr.

I am thinking... about no-cost or low-cost gifts. Ideas are welcomed!

From the learning rooms... The last day of NaNoWriMo is tomorrow. Then we'll start "Christmas School" although I don't know quite what we'll do yet.

I am thankful for... getting healthy! Losing weight!

From the kitchen... Getting geared up for lots of Christmas cookie baking and candy making! (How that fits with the previous answer, I've not yet figured out.) Love getting the house all warm from the oven and smelling like Christmas baking.

I am wearing... My favorite jeans, a long-sleeved grey tee, and a grey Pistons hoodie. I just did my roots this morning and my hair isn't dry yet. No makeup.

I am reading... ECHO IN THE BONE (finally!!!) by Diana Gabaldon! Also A Midsummer Night's Dream, yes, by the Bard of Avon, and also still plugging away slowly at unChristian (a book best digested in bits).

I've been watching... Next, Matrix:Reloaded, Hancock, Men in Black

I am hoping... that I can remember how I created my writing website. I'd like to edit it but I am at a loss! ARGH!

I am creating... a suspenseful and satisfying ending to my novel. Hopefully.

I am hearing... Christmas music! (I avoid it until Thanksgiving, but begin listening to it that day and keep it up until Epiphany.)

Around the house... Bob is making some kind of an antenna booster for the TV

One of my favorite things... Winning NaNoWriMo!

A few plans for the rest of the week... my younger son turns TEN this week! Also David is going to a Star Wars viewing party and I get to go to a women's Christmas party. And our church is having a Living Nativity that we are helping with in some way. That all in addition to our normal stuff.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
David's varsity letter for soccer (Faith Falcons)

No comments: