Sunday, November 1, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - November 1

For Today... November 1, 2009

Outside my window... Sunshine, lots of greyish fluffy clouds, and many many leaves on the grass. Carved pumpkins on the neighbors' steps.

I am thinking... about narrow-mindedness.

From the learning rooms... NaNoWriMo goals

I am thankful for... the opportunity to hear (with my husband) Todd Wilson ('da Familyman) speak last week

From the kitchen... Leftovers for lunch and planning to stock up on easy meals for NaNo

I am wearing... Jeans, my 2008 NaNo shirt (that didn't fit when I bought it months ago, but fits now!), a white long-sleeved tee underneath, earrings, makeup, shoes! and hair straightened

I am reading... listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Disc 30 of 48) by Diana Gabaldon (#6 in Outlander series). Putting aside other fiction for NaNo and reading a selection of books on writing.

I've been watching... Disturbia (not that great), The Proposal (quite funny, but not for the prudish), The Lord of the Rings trilogy (12 hours of fine filmmaking! Forgot how much I love those!)

I am hoping... that the Write-in I am going to this afternoon is both fun and productive

I am creating... An awesome work of death-defying fiction

I am hearing... Bob's breathing machine, the furnace, the clock ticking (ok, that was last night. Right now I hear James doing dishes, someone's lawn mower, and Bob talking.)

Around the house... an awful lot of CANDY

One of my favorite things... a bookstore. Even if I don't have any money. Which I don't.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Writing. Writing. And maybe some more writing.

Oh, yeah, life does go on - normal stuff like lessons and Spanish, too.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

I saw The Proposal this weekend! Cute.