Sunday, October 11, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 11

For Today... October 11, 2009
I'll be doing my Daybook on Sundays from now on.

Outside my window... I see blue sky and puffy white clouds. A slight breeze is riffling through the greenish gold and red leaves. The yard is freshly mowed.

I am thinking... about how best to use my time; how to arrange my day so that my children and husband don't lose out, but I can still accomplish my goals

From the learning rooms... NaNoWriMo workbooks for the kids - FREE at ywp.nanowrimo.org. Click on Writer's Resources. These are AWESOME, even if you don't do NaNo, but just want to teach your kids fiction writing. There are Elementary, Middle School, and High School workbooks.

I am thankful for... God's provision and learning to wait on His timing

From the kitchen... Caramel apples

I am wearing... Brown long sleeved tee, soft pink hoodie, jeans, white socks, slippers, hair and makeup done

I am reading... listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Disc 21 of 48) by Diana Gabaldon (#6 in Outlander series). Also reading No Need for Speed, a book on running, and finally making some progress on The Count of Monte Cristo.

I've been watching... Napoleon Dynamite (liked it better this time, probably because I watched it with David and he appreciated it very much), Meet Dave (better than I imagined, but still not very good - although the kids found it extremely amusing), & Van Halen youtube videos

I am hoping... that I can find a way to make some money besides selling everything I own

I am creating... a list of businesses to cold call

I am hearing... David and James washing dishes (peacefully for once!)

Around the house... lots of stuff that needs to be put away!

One of my favorite things... listening to Davina Porter read Diana Gabaldon. I don't usually enjoy audiobooks much, but Porter has a special talent. She does the accents and just is a perfect fit for Gabaldon's writing. She won the 2006 Audie Award for Best Female Narrator with A Breath of Snow and Ashes, which is what I am listening to currently. You can hear clips of her reading here. (Fiery Cross is the only Gabaldon book represented in the clips.)

A few plans for the rest of the week... Teaching my 3 Spanish classes, Last week of soccer games for Suzy (1) and James (3). James may be starting Young Marines, a field trip to the fire station. Jury Duty call-in for Bob. Bob working daytime hours and me working on getting my business going and also working on expanding my novella.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
Here I am watching David's last soccer game. It was 46 degrees and pouring rain. And I'm still smiling! LOL That's because it just STARTED.

1 comment:

~Byn There said...

It's been a rough weather week for soccer, that's for sure.

Cold calling--eeewww.

I'm thinking of having the boys do Young Marines too, in Lapeer, I've been emailing Rhonda. We probably won't add it in until November though, I have to talk to them a little more about it but I can't be there this Tuesday.

Looking forward to NaNoWriMo. I should probably get signed up.