Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - September 5

Outside: Sunny but chilly - only 59 right now!

Sounds: David tapping keys, Bob calling to Emily to find out if she's dressed

Home: Gonna clean up the yard today!

Projects: Yardwork, Lesson plans and getting the computers set up for lessons, planning my Austentatious class.

Pondering: whether or not I should re-read (re-listen to) the ending of Little Dorrit to prepare for book club

Teaching: We start formal lessons on Sept 13, but this week we will get into our routine. Post later this week about that.

Gratitude: thankful that I did NOT land that library job. Though it would have been a great position, this is not the right time for me to work full time.

Recipes: starting this week with 70 Meals, 1 Trip to the Store

Duds: freezing in a navy tee, jeans, and socks. Need a sweatshirt!

Reads: Northanger Abbey (audio) by Jane Austen and Tutankamun: The Book of Shadows by Nick Drake.

Vids: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring and half of Two Towers (always love it!), The Bad Mother's Handbook (badly executed), oh yeah.... and a new Colin Firth movie that I wouldn't really recommend to the general viewer..... so .... yeah....

Hopes: to start my exercise routine back in earnest this week. So, yeah, ask me how that's going when you see me, k???? I am running a 5K on Sept 25, which is 20 days away! I need to get myself back in training!

Love: the discount grocery stores!!! I do not CARE if the food is past-date, y'all.

Plans: Working 5 hours M-F, Soccer practices and games for all, 1st day of Co-op, book club! (sounds easy, doesn't it? It's DECEPTIVELY complex in its simplicity!)

Pic: My kids with their Texas-bound buddies.....



1 comment:

Debbie Schlarb said...

Glad they got to spend time with their Texas-bound friends. I always like when you post pics.