Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - September 26

Outside: Overcast and 50. Not even going to hit 60 today.

Sounds: fuzzy mellow Christian music (Bob's choice)

Home: Switched out my summer clothes for my winter ones. Donated a couple boxes of books to the library.

Projects: fundraising and costumes for Regency Ball class trip

Pondering: running a 10K on Thanksgiving Day (or weekend) but the only ones I can find are in Detroit and Ann Arbor. Isn't there a small one somewhere? I may have to settle for a 5K. (I could run it twice! LOL) If I commit to a 10K, then I have to train for that.

Teaching: Going to add in a few subjects I forgot earlier - a health book for James, PSAT prep for David, etc... The Livemocha Spanish seems to be going well.

Gratitude: that the 5K here in town yesterday went so well. The race was well-organized and I saw lots of people I know.

Recipes: been making a lot of Hamburger Helper, but there was one recipe from the 70 meals book that went over well here - Caesar chicken wraps. Yum!

Duds: Jeans, pink tee (but thinking I need a sweatshirt), socks and wet hair

Reads: going to start either Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (have to have it half-read for book club in 3 weeks) or a new Anna Quindlen book. Also listening to Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. And I have The Exile, which is Gabaldon's new graphic novel. I dipped into that a little but I'm going to wait a bit before reading it.

Vids: Danny Deckchair (a quirky Australian rom-com - Liked it!), Hoarders (I love being horrified by those houses!), and I think there was something else....

Hopes: that we can find a good car for Bob for the money we have

Love: COTTON CANDY!

Plans: Working 4-5 hours M-F, Soccer practices and games for all, my birthday (lunch out), gymnastics for the 3 youngest, movie day with my Austentatious teens

Pic: Saw a couple of Chevelles at the car show yesterday (at the Fall Festival). If you don't recall, that's TJ's car from my first novel. His is black, but I'd pick the blue one.



3 comments:

Debbie Schlarb said...

Caesar chicken wraps sound pretty tasty.

Wee Pip said...

Happy birthday, when it happens:) The chicken wraps sound yummy - the recipe might make a good blog entry (hint, hint).

Thao Nguyen said...

Hi Lisa,

My name is Thao Nguyen and I am a Livemocha Marketing Associate. I noticed your mentioning of Livemocha and our Spanish course and I'd like to get your feedback in regards to your Livemocha experience. Specifically, your course experience as a part of your home education curriculum. If you're interested in this opportunity, please email me directly at thao@livemocha.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you,
Thao