Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - September 12

Outside: Sunny and 73

Sounds: the boys playing How to Train Your Dragon on the Xbox

Home: Went through winter clothes and took out most of the summer clothes - for the kids, that is.

Projects: fundraising - for soccer, for Washington DC trip, for Regency Ball class trip

Pondering: whether or not I will like the new Outlander graphic novel - The Exile. I've never ever gotten into comic books or graphic novels of any sort.

Teaching: First day of lessons is Monday. We are doing 4-day weeks this year.

Gratitude: that the first day of homeschool co-op went well. My Austen class seems like it will be fun!

Recipes: Humongous ice cream sundaes the first day of lessons!

Duds: Jeans, blue tee, socks and slip on shoes

Reads: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Vids: Little Dorrit

Hopes: that my soccer registrar duties will calm down a LOT now that the season has started.

Love: sitting in the sun reading

Plans: Working 4-5 hours M-F, Soccer practices and games for all, Park Day, Must RUN this week

Pic: The kids took these pix. I think Emily took the ones of James and James must have taken the ones of Suzy. I sadly did not take any of Emily, but I will eventually!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lisa...

I sure wish there was some way we could connect and take time to talk... instead of passing like ships at co-op!!

James did awesome in my class! He asked and made some very clever observations. His opinions were clever, too.

Can Suzy be any cuter? Her sparkling brown eyes sure light up the room.

If you need any Netflix, educatonal dvd's for your kids.. I'll make a couple recomendations: king corn and fuel. Listed under documentaries.

Your Pal, Mich

Debbie Schlarb said...

Ice cream sundaes sounds like a good idea!

Wee Pip said...

Hope you are having a great first week of school! I like the sound of a 4-day week. I'm having trouble figuring out my priorities with school this year. I either want to do-it-all, or ditch-it-all (sometimes I think both in one day). Glad your co-op class went well. It sounds fun!