Sunday, March 15, 2009

Simple Woman Daybook - March 16

For Today... March 16, 2009

Outside my window... It's SUNNY! and in the 50's today!

I am thinking... about going outside. I've been working on the computer most of the afternoon, although I did sneak outside earlier to hang up a couple loads of laundry (although it was chilly then) and I stood on the back porch in the sun to chat on the phone for about 20 minutes. After dinner, a walk!?

From the learning rooms... David did an egg experiment in Science today. He's studying the physics of motion.

I am thankful for... Kids who aren't afraid of work and who like to help (some of them more than others, lol).

From the kitchen... Making sweet potato fries (new recipe, hope it goes over well) and oven-friend chicken tenders for dinner. [UPDATE - David, of all people, ate the fries without complaint. I thought they were good. The rest did not like them. I didn't tell anyone what they were. Just said "special potatoes". ROFL. Bob then commented, after eating, "They're almost like sweet potatoes." Um. Yeah.]

I am wearing... Jeans, grey sweatshirt, short sleeved "America" tee (SHORT sleeves!), white socks, slippers, hair scrunched today, no makeup.

I am reading... North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (for book club, 100 pages to go). Also a book on 100 great vacations around the world. To the kids, I am reading Soup and Me by Robert Newton Peck.

I am hoping... that Bob can find a job soon, although he is not finding much to apply for.

I am creating... my historical inspirational romance, working title Mystery Valley Ranch

I am hearing... Cars going by, Kids coming in and going out. Doors opening and shutting. Some kind of odd buzzing sound outside. Someone playing with a wagon or something wheeled.

Around the house... Bob has David breaking apart the back steps. They were crumbling and Bob is going to replace them. We've raked the yard and Bob is working on the ditch so that it drains. He's also working installing a permanent sump pump. There is so much to do on the house and yard. It's overwhelming to look at it all.

One of my favorite things... DAFFODILS! They'll be here soon. Can't wait!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Lessons Mon-Thurs, querying and editing Mon-Wed afternoon and whenever else I can find time, J has soccer clinic Tuesday night and the girls have Keepers at Home, Wednesday is Pioneer Club, Thursday I have a homeschool group leaders meeting and a library program, Friday is co-op, and Saturday is a homeschool book fair/convention AND BOOK CLUB (North and South!)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Suzy, the afternoon AFTER Emily's sleepover

No comments: