Monday, January 5, 2009

Simple Woman Daybook - January 5

For Today... January 5, 2009

Outside my Window... SUNSHINE and snow.1

I am thinking... attitude adjustments are in order for several people living here.

From the learning rooms... Lessons are prepared and waiting. We start at 9:30. (Note, I wrote this at 9:20, but didn't finish the post until later on.)

I am thankful for... being home with my kids, unpleasant attitudes or no....

From the kitchen... trying to find new low-calorie ideas for food. What do skinny people EAT?

I am wearing... the "new" jeans I got at the thrift store, a long sleeved red t-shirt, black socks, white house shoes, and a grey hoodie because I am freezing. And I put on makeup! And blow-dried and curled my hair!

I am reading... The Falcon and the Sparrow by M.L.Tyndall (a Christian regency romance), listening in earnest now to The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. Reading Psalms in The Message. Browsing through Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass.

I am hoping... to write 2000 words every day this week. (Yes, including Saturday, unless I can get ahead.)

I am creating... a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Well, I actually already created it.

I am hearing... Genesis. The kids are listening to it. The book of the Bible, not the band.

Around the house... Christmas is packed up and put away, so things are back to normal. Neater than normal, actually. lol

One of my favorite things... www.sparkpeople.com (At SparkPeople, our mission is to SPARK millions of PEOPLE to reach their goals and lead healthier lives. We offer nutrition, health, and fitness tools, support, and resources that are 100% free, while other sites like Weight Watchers and eDiets.com charge their members for similar services.)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
homeschool meeting tonight, grocery shopping sometime this week and a library visit, Tuesday night James has soccer training, Wednesday is art class, Pioneer Club and Financial Peace University, Thursday - NO PLANS, Friday is co-op, and Then I am going scrapbooking for the weekend! Busy week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
David got a CARS game for the PSP and allowed Emily to watch him play it, since she adores the CARS movie. He did let her actually play it, but she isn't very interested in video games and found it too difficult.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Enjoyed your daybook entry...attitudes we had a few around here that needed an adjustment too. Made me smile to know I am not alone, Tammy

Denise Bryant said...

Wow, that picture of David & Emily is just like Caleb & Rachel now... Aww!

Anonymous said...

I just read an article on "ten things that skinny people do that is different from the rest of us." Maybe I can dredge up from my memory just what some of those things were! Love, Mom