Monday, August 4, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - August 4

FOR TODAY... August 4, 2008
Outside My Window... A streetlight illuminates a tree across the deserted street corner. I hear the humming and chirping of night insects as well as the barking of faraway dogs. The house directly across is completely dark, but the kitty-corner house has a light on in the kitchen.

I am thinking...
I need to be more careful with my commitments - think before you commit, Lisa!


I am thankful for...
my friend Darlene who lent me Breaking Dawn!


From the kitchen...
a 2 gallon thermos with the remains of ice water - we took it to the park tonight.


I am wearing...
khaki shorts, a chocolate brown t-shirt, my hair scrunched curly and in a high ponytail, bare feet.


I am creating...
a query letter to send out to publishing agents to promote my novel. Know any good agents?


I am going...
to the fair tomorrow, if the weather co-operates!


I am reading... Eclipse and then Breaking Dawn! (Both by Stephenie Meyer - these are the 3rd and 4th installments in the amazingly popular Twilight series.)

I am hoping...
to find an affordable camper this week.


I am hearing...
my husband zipping or unzipping a suitcase, the fan in the window, the night insects humming, my fingers tapping the keyboard - some loud and some soft, the clock ticking. No noise from upstairs - hopefully all are asleep!


Around the house...
Stuff to put away from our weekend away, Lots of books to read, a couple paperbackswap packages to open when I find scissors.


One of my favorite things...
Sitting on the beach reading, like I did on Saturday at Lake Michigan.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Beach Day, helping a couple friends with computer questions, writing my query letter, working on the homeschool camping week schedule, Co-op registration, helping with VBS, reading reading reading, and my Jane Austen Book Club!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

My son and my nephew sharing a family tradition - watermelon at the picnic!

1 comment:

DebD said...

coming over from the Simple Woman's Daybook. Whew! You're week sounds quite busy.

I don't know many publishers, sorry, but I sure hope you have luck with your book.