Thursday, June 19, 2008

Curriculum Shopping

I went to some garage sales today and came home with a cursive workbook and a placemat with the cursive formation. I think the placemat will be helpful to Emily who has trouble with cursive letters. I think I'll use the workbook with James, who is ready to learn cursive in the upcoming year.

This week I also finally bought Sonlight Core 100 along with a great number of the necessary books for the program. She gave me a GREAT deal on this package. I am very excited about using this. David? Not so much, since it will require a HUGE amount of reading for him. I will get as many audiobooks as possible to make it easier on him.

From the same lady I got Apologia Physical Science. I have the first edition of the science, however. I do plan to get the read-along CD or the multimedia CD (or both?), even though they go with the second edition. This is also for David. The younger kids will be using one of the elementary Apologia books.

I have nearly all my curriculum now. Still need to acquire Mystery of History 2 and the art curriculum I want from Timberdoodle. Also need to stock up on construction paper.

How are YOU doing with your purchases? How about selling?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa-

Walmart had a nice supply of construction paper... looked like a lot of good colors!

Michele

Anonymous said...

I think I have everything I need except 2nd grade math.

I bought Mystery of History 3, but I couldn't bear to sell MOH 2. I sold MOH 1 last year and have regretted it. I did well selling my science books though.

~Leslie