Monday, April 9, 2007

Playdough Day and Poetry

Due to Easter, I have three days off work - last Thursday and Friday, as well as today. So, I had lessons with the kids Thursday all day and Friday morning, instead of my husband being the teacher. I had plans to do lessons with the kids today as well.

However, last night I wasn't feeling very well and purposed to sleep late today, which I did. (At least compared to my usual 6:50 alarm.) The kids were encouraged to clean their rooms during that time, and they made some motions like that might be happening.

Right about the time I was hoping to start our lessons, Suzy got out her tiny pot of playdough that came in her Easter basket and asked if she could play with it. I agreed, and this led to James dragging out the playdough drawer. Emily joined in and they've been playing with playdough for over an hour now and don't show signs of stopping!

I find that amazing! If I had PLANNED for them to play playdough, it might have lasted fifteen minutes. So, today is Playdough Day. (or at least Playdough Morning!)

In other news, I've decided to put the IEW curriculum aside until I can afford to buy the SWI. The TWSS is too complicated for Bob to take over and I often don't have time or energy to teach it when I get home from work.

I have a book on writing poetry that I think we'll do for a couple of months. That shouldn't be too taxing for Bob to handle.

No comments: