Tuesday, April 10, 2007

IEW, TWSS, SWI

I wrote: In other news, I've decided to put the IEW curriculum aside until I can afford to buy the SWI. The TWSS is too complicated for Bob to take over and I often don't have time or energy to teach it when I get home from work.

Michele asked about the alphabet soup! Sorry, Michelle, and any of my other confused readers!

IEW is Institute for Excellence in Writing. It is the curriculum written by Andrew Pudewa, who spoke at INCH last year.

SWI is the Student Writing Intensive put out by IEW. It is the beginning curriculum and it comes in 3 levels, depending on the age/grade of the student(s) using it. It is a DVD-based curriculum, with Mr. Pudewa providing instruction to the students via video. There are lesson plans as well, which I have, but they are less useful without the DVDs.

TWSS is Teaching Writing: Structure and Style. It is an informational DVD set for the teacher. I had intended to teach writing with just this information, but am finding it would be easier if I had the SWI.

So, on my curriculum wish list? SWI-B.

No comments: