Monday, December 6, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - December 5

Outside: Dark and only in the 20's - BRRRRRR!

Sounds: Utter silence except the clock ticking and my typing

Home: trying to figure out where to set up the Christmas tree

Projects: Decorating for Christmas, baking for Christmas, making and buying gifts, oh - and writing 1000 words a day

Pondering: why people back out of things (is that vague enough? lol)

Teaching: Finishing up reading aloud The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind and also Voyage of the Dawn Treader, so we can go see the film over Family Christmas weekend

Gratitude: Spent a really nice day shopping with Suzy today - even though our ballet tickets were not honored, we had a lovely time together.

Recipes: FUDGE! Going to make FUDGE!

Duds: jammies, robe, slippers, fuzzy pink socks

Reads: finished everything I was reading and haven't picked up something new yet. I have Sala's Gift as well as a book by Deanne Gist waiting to be started.

Vids: Elf, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, an episode of Clean House (Netflix instant) as well as a ton of movie trailers on Zune (Xbox Live), and I think there was something else, but I can't recall now. Oh yeah, Van Helsing! (very Christmas-y, LOL)

Hopes: this week is fairly clear so I hope I can get a lot accomplished off my "to-do" list rather than my "run-around" list, if you can catch the difference

Love: sleeping in on Sundays (yeah, this is probably a BIG part of why we haven't found a new church - lol. Yes, I know, we're lazy! So, sue us!)

Plans: Working 5 hours M-F, a couple of meetings (both on the same night at the same time?!), ordering stuff online, a gingerbread house party, babysitting fundraisers?, BOOK CLUB!

Pic: I think this may be one of the best photos ever taken of Emily. The others aren't bad either. And did I order the pix? No, I did not. But I will.





2 comments:

Wee Pip said...

Great photos! I think that's been our best photographer in awhile. Ahhh, the silence is nice:) I'll admit, its 4am and I'm just using the time to enjoy the silence for a bit (although, I really could use the sleep, too!)

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures of the kids! Love, Mom