Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Music - 10 Favs and 3 Stinkers

I've been listening to a lot of Christmas music lately, as maybe you have too. So, I came up with a list of 10 favorite songs. Next week (or tonight) the list could be different, but this is how it stands on Christmas Eve afternoon 2010. Some I just like the song itself and some I like a particular rendition. If I had a lot more time right now, I'd give you the music for all these, but you get the idea, right?

So, in no particular order:

1. Silver Bells

2. O Holy Night (any EXCEPT the travesty by Mariah Carey)

3. Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

4. Wizards in Winter by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

5. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

6. Gloria by Michael W. Smith

7. Carol of the Bells (Straight No Chaser has a good version.)

8. anything at all by Johnny Mathis (nostalgia....)

9. Mary Did You Know (not sure which is my favorite, but I downloaded Kutless's version today)

10. Emmanuel by Amy Grant

And here are a few songs that make me change the radio station.

1. Christmas Shoes (Like the dying mom really wants SHOES???)

2. Little Drummer Boy (so repetitious.....so repetitious)

3. Simply Having a Boring Christmastime (Oh, that's not the title???)



3 comments:

Christy said...

I agree wholeheartedly on the Christmas Shoes one. So much wrong with it . . . Only heard it once this year and only a half verse at that as I lunged to change the station. Also dislike the others. I'm over the whole 24/7 Christmas music since Thanksgiving. 50% maybe?

Anonymous said...

I like all the songs on your list of ten. In addition, I DO like "Drummer Boy" but I think that puts me in the minority.....have never heard Christmas Shoes, but if if is along the lines of Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it either!!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

PA RUM PAH PUM PUM- Janet