Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - March 14

Outside: Damp, but not currently raining. Not quite 40. Overcast. Bleh. Today is Pi Day, but you can't tell by looking.

Sounds: Footsteps upstairs. Bob puttering in the living room. James puttering in the dining room. Christian radio faintly playing. Cars driving by.

Home: Bob put cement on the basement floor yesterday where it was cracking. We are getting a sump pump (automatic! whee!) and a new hot water heater. The fridge works again, now that it's defrosted. Whew.

Projects: Nothing new. Not even blogging! LOL

Pondering: if I should/could/would go to the homeschool book sale/conference this Saturday.

Teaching: Settling into our new method. Will blog it once it's working well.

Gratitude: Thankful for good friends!

Recipes: Probably will make pizza tonight.

Duds: PJ's and a robe, and my almost-worn-out wool socks.

Reads: Just finished Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde (the 2nd Thursday Next novel). Have the 3rd one ready to read. (Sarah, this is the series I was telling you about.)

Vids: Only watched ONE movie this week, and it was one I'd seen before several times - The Proposal. Guess I know one of the things that working is going to replace.

Hopes: that my sore foot will rebound quickly. Don't even know what I did to it, except wear some bad shoes. Just started yesterday afternoon. Won't run or do tae-bo until it's better. Argh....

Love: Lazy mornings. Didn't even feel negative effects from the time change.

Plans: Teaching Spanish and Essay classes, Working 4 hours M-F, a homeschool support meeting on teaching high school "outside the box", field trip to Cranbrook Science, and BOOK CLUB on Saturday!

Pic:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMmmmmm, your pizza looks wonderful! Love, Mom

Niffercoo said...

I've noticed that since I started running, my feet are a lot more susceptible to "bad" shoes. Unfortunately. I hope your foot recovers quickly!

Can't wait to hear about your new teaching method!

I'm going to an all-day seminar tomorrow about homeschooling for high school. Not sure if she'll go into too much outside the box, but she might. This is the same lady who did the Chill Out 101 seminar I went to when I first started hsing.

Hope to talk to you soon!