Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Break Day One


Day 1 of Winter Break here at Cornerstone has brought the following:
  • About 6 inches of snow
  • A game of Disney Scene-It (chosen by Suzy)
  • Some origami creations
  • Several rounds of Mad Libs
  • Homemade cinnamon rolls for lunch (Here is the RECIPE)
  • Some time outside (for kids) shoveling snow and playing, and then again a second time outside for James and Suzy
  • Watching National Geographic: Animals in the Womb (a little MORE INFORMATION than I would have imagined on some topics, if you know what I mean!)
  • Read-aloud the first three chapters of The Lightning Thief
  • Lisa did her job training.
My camera was left behind at a friend's house, so I can't show you any pictures. And we ran out of time for the second game. All in all, a good Winter Break day.

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm sure the kids are enjoying the break!

The cinnamon rolls look dangerously delish!

Your Pal,
Mich