Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - January 3

For 2010, I thought I'd shake things up just a little and change up my daybook. No longer is it the "Simple Woman's Daybook". I'm not really all that simple. I think I'm rather complex, actually. But I'll keep the logbook simple. lol

Outside: Frigid. Overcast. The kind of weather you don't want to go out in.

Sounds: An audiobook playing upstairs and the bumping around that I hope means they are straightening up their rooms.

Home: Took down the Christmas decorations yesterday.

Projects: Working on some writing. A New Year's letter should emerge soon. Lesson plans.

Pondering: this new Logbook format. Not sure if I like it. What do you think?

Teaching: Lessons are starting back up here tomorrow. Ready to get back into a routine! Also working on Spanish lesson plans.

Gratitude: I'm thankful for a warm place to live.

Recipes: Making a roast right now and going to use up several small boxes of sides that I have - garlic mashed taters, turkey stuffing, minute rice. Made some jello and going to serve the last of the Christmas cookies.

Duds: Yesterday's jeans, grey long-sleeved tee, grey sweatshirt, slippers, a bit of makeup

Reads: The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (recommended by Darlene) and then A Bride in the Bargain by Deanne Gist. Last week, I read The Hunger Games which I recommend for teens and adults alike.

Vids: finished watching BBC Robin Hood Season 3; Adventureland, (500) Days of Summer, Julie & Julia, and Night at the Museum 2.

Hopes: That I can get the lesson plans done tonight and that the printer decides to co-operate.

Love: White chocolate covered Oreos. Yummy!

Plans: Eye doctor appointments for me and the kids this week, Bob has a dr appt. I have an interview on Wednesday morning. Kids have art class. Bob works 3 days only (M,W,Sa)

Pic:

I was asked for a pic of my room with the desk in it. So here you go.I am standing in the doorway with the camera. The white blurry thing is the doorframe in the lower right corner of the pic.The desk is immediately to the right. You can't see the chair in the pic. The bed is a queen and it fills the room pretty well. Before we had the head of the bed against the left-hand wall and there was only a small margin of space to walk in to get around it. This is actually better except I have to crawl in at the foot of the bed.

So there you have it. :::grins:::

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Creative bedroom space! Well, Emily had better snap to it, right? :D