Saturday, August 22, 2009

Twins!

Saw five deer during my jog this morning. That's the first time I've seen any at all on my runs, even though I almost always run the same route. One doe right at the beginning, then two fawns and their mom, and then one more doe. This was between 9-10 am.

[Note - no, I didn't take this pic. I googled. lol]

I also saw two deer last night driving home. One doe was in the road, so I slowed down. Then I saw a buck (antlers!) on the shoulder and he nearly ran out in front of me. Good thing I'd slowed down!

1 comment:

~Byn There said...

I love seeing deer. We live in such a diverse area, depending on the direction I drive I can possibly see a variety of livestock, camels, buffalo, elk, deer, turkey, vulture and so much else. Glad to read about your running, but I'm not quite there yet to run, biking and walking are more my taste but still good for the body and soul. Have a fabulous time camping.