Monday, December 1, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - December 1


For Today... December 1, 2008

Outside my Window... SNOW! A thick covering of snow on the ground, lots of snow covering the branches of the trees - looks like a picture book!

I am thinking... about CHRISTMAS!

From the learning rooms... No lessons today. We will be planning out our Christmas "lessons" and activities.

I am thankful for... getting home safely in a winter storm. Also for my son James who is NINE YEARS OLD today!

From the kitchen... leftover birthday cake, since we celebrated yesterday with family. Also an empty cooler and some dishes to do.

I am wearing... my PJ's still. White t-shirt, navy lounge pants, red slippers, burgundy fleece robe. Hair twisted into a clip. I did wash my face! lol

I am reading... (still listening to) the audiobook of The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (#5 in Outlander series). I am also slowly reading Sense & Sensibility. I will be reading a LOT more this month!

I am hoping... to find a good used van or truck very soon!

I am creating... a Christmas letter so I can get the Christmas cards out this week.

I am hearing... screeching from the kids upstairs. Not a happy sound. Also Christmas music on Pandora. Right now it's Josh Groban's Believe from The Polar Express. That's a lovely song and a beautiful movie too. And now that I'm done uploading photos and about done with this post, it's playing Jon Bon Jovi's Please Come for Christmas. LOVE IT!

Around the house... Clean laundry to be folded and put away. (We washed all our laundry at my parents' house. Thanks, mom!) Also suitcases and other traveling paraphenalia to unpack and put away.

One of my favorite things... listening to Christmas music in DECEMBER! What are some of your favorite songs?

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
A Christmas party tonight for my support group tonight, tomorrow my girls have Keepers at Home, Wednesday is art class & Pioneer Club & Financial Peace class, I may go out Friday night, Saturday my friend is having a video gaming/socializing party that we are all going to. David has a youth activity all night Friday, but I don't think he is going.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
I took James (left) and his cousin to the pet store to view all the exotic pets. Caleb's family has a fish tank so he chose a fish to put in it and James chose one to put in their tank too. How's that for keeping Wagner pets alive? lol

1 comment:

A happy heart at home said...

Happy birthday to James!

Thanks for sharing your daybook with us. I hope you have a great week!

~Susan