Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ripped jeans and then....

I ripped my favorite comfy pair of jeans this week. Bummer, right? Well, I always leave the ripped jeans sitting around a day or two with the idea that I could do some sort of craft from them.

Here's a cool idea for making Christmas stockings out of old blue jeans. I think I could do this! At least in my mind I can.... Don't dissuade me! (Check the entry above this one for a photo of one.)

I got that idea from THIS page which offers 25 things to do with old jeans. Sounds like a co-op class to me! LOL And I'd ADORE having a quilt made out of old denim. Hmmm.....

Oh, and WOW, check out this Flickr group based around the same idea - reusing old denim. There is a quilt there that is to DIE for. And a basket made of old denim and piles of other great ideas too!

My sewing machine is not working right. Time to take it to the sewing machine repair. My husband, handy as he is, doesn't seem to want to tackle that project. Maybe if I tell him how much it will cost....

Oh my, am I getting CRAFTY now? What is the world coming to?

1 comment:

Niffercoo said...

You're really scaring me now. Back away from the craft links. Go back to the movies. That is all.

Friends don't let friends become crafty.