Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Meme

Amy posted this Thanksgiving meme, so I thought I'd give it a try!

1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?
Going elsewhere!

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?
I don't make turkey much for our family - doesn't agree with my husband's system. But I have never ever bought a fresh turkey. I usually make ham if I cook for Thanksgiving myself.

3. What kind of stuffing?
If I make it, it's from a box. I am no gourmet cook. But I ADORE stuffing! No nuts or onions in it, please. And for heaven's sake, no CELERY - nothing crunchy should be in stuffing!

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?
My sister-in-law Michelle makes a delicious sweet potato casserole. YUMMMMM! I love pumpkin pie too!

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing?
I don't mind leftovers at all. Especially ham!

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?
Stuffing!

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
Nope, I do not do that. Ever.

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
A different kitchen?? lol

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?
We ate at noon today, but it was not at my house, nor did I cook anything more than pie. If I were cooking, we would likely eat later on. Have I ever mentioned that I am not a morning person?

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring?
Rolls? LOL

I don't mind bringing a pie or anything really. I just want someone to TELL ME what to bring.

11. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see?
We eat with my family every other year and the opposite year we usually stay home. I love either one.

12. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu?
The best thing I ate today was probably the sweet potato casserole! I love good mashed potatoes and stuffing too!

13. What are you thankful for this year?
That I am not working right now
That all of us are healthy!
That God loves us!
That my family is doing well!
That I have many friends!

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

That was fun to read, I adore stuffing, too. That's a Thanksgiving staple, for sure.