Sunday, November 9, 2008

Five Thousand

I haven't posted a lot about my personal NaNoWriMo progress here, but I thought I'd at least give you all this much.

I WROTE FIVE THOUSAND WORDS! JUST TODAY!

Yes, today I did write 5000 words! I am now at 24,426 total word count. I am amazed since last year I was nowhere near this until around November 18-19. It does help that JENNIFER is writing too since she has stayed consistently ahead of me in word count from Day 1. LOL It's like a carrot being held in front of me. Not that I'm competitive or anything.

Oh yeah, I earned my 5K-in-a-day badge today. (The official name is The Rally Badge and you can get it for writing 5K in a day or by overcoming a 10K deficit.)

I have written at least 2500 words every day. If I can keep it up, I'll have no trouble making 75K by the end of the month. So we shall see - can I keep it up? Do I have that much story in me?

That's actually my second badge. I earned the first one before I even started. It's the NaNoSocializing badge. There are several ways to earn it, but I earned mine by dragging a friend into NaNoWriMo with me. (waves at Jennifer)

No comments: