Monday, October 6, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - October 6


For Today... October 6, 2008

Outside my Window... The DPW guys were working on the storm drain. There is a corn cob on a "squirrel" feeder (is it a bird feeder??) and the yard is pretty neat. Just a few autumn leaves are laying about the yard.

I am thinking... about when I will squeeze in a trip to the grocery store and how much I can spend there.

From the learning rooms... I thought I had Suzy's next phonics workbook (Alphabet Island 2-A), but I can't find it anywhere! So, I have to order it, I guess. And I found a huge package of manila drawing paper that I bought over the summer and forgot I had!

I am thankful for... the opportunity I had this weekend to scrapbook with some wonderful women in a huge "cottage" that was loaned to us free-of-charge. Not only that, it was on a LAKE.

From the kitchen... A sticky floor and an empty cupboard.

I am wearing... Long-sleeved grey t-shirt with Western Michigan Broncos on it and their logo, dirty jeans, white socks, black fleece-lined slippers, and my hair stuck up in a clip. No makeup - yeah, it's Monday.

I am reading... still A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. It's good, but I just haven't had much time to sit and read. I still haven't started Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I have the newest Artemis Fowl book by Eoin Colfer waiting here still as well as several other library books. Gracious! I need to get reading!

I am hoping... to finish editing my short story today and submit it tomorrow.

I am creating... 51 scrapbook pages! (well, they're all created already - except for a couple photos that still need printed)

I am hearing... Annoyed voices. Microwave going.

Around the house... the furnace is not working properly, so Bob is on a mission to get that running right. It's COLD!

One of my favorite things... Clean floors (too bad that doesn't happen very often!)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Keepers At Home meeting for the girls, Pioneer Club for kids, Financial Peace University for me and Bob, soccer practices & games, Co-op, Picture Day - just a normal week for the most part.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

No comments: