Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - October 13


For Today... October 13, 2008

Outside my Window... It's sunny and lovely, probably one of the best days we'll see this fall. A few colored leaves are scattered on the ground. I hear someone mowing. Bob is outside painting the house. (I can't see him.)

I am thinking... about the plot possibilities for my NaNoNovel. NaNoWriMo begins Nov. 1st!

From the learning rooms... Nothing new this week. I guess that means we've made it into a routine!

I am thankful for... finishing my ancient Egyptian story!

From the kitchen... Well, not much happening in there. LOL I need to go order Angel Food today and also go to the grocery store.

I am wearing... my NaNoWriMo t-shirt, jeans, black socks, no makeup, hair down (and yes, it's combed!)

I am reading... finally almost done with A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. I am really enjoying it, but it's not a light read. I need to read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen during the next two weeks for my book club and I am really looking forward to that.

I am hoping... that Harlequin buys my story! Please pray that they do!

I am creating... a yellow exterior on my house. (OK, that's stretching it, eh? But that's all I am creating right now. I did paint on it 2 hours yesterday.)

I am hearing... A back-up alarm on a truck, David making some noise, James moving around and making his chair squeak, the girls upstairs trying to get their room clean.

Around the house... The girls are grounded until their room meets my standards. That means NOTHING until it's clean - oh, they can eat. That's about it. The boys were too, but they're far better at getting it cleaned up and they finished theirs yesterday. David was invited to a laser tag birthday party so he was also quite motivated.

One of my favorite things... connecting with old (and new!) friends on facebook. Are you on facebook? I'd love to be your facebook friend!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... It's a normal week - nothing extra. Soccer, church activities, lessons, I hear there's a potluck at church on Sunday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
David made a Halo3 helmet and weapon with cardboard and duct tape. Suzy models it for you here.















Yeah, we're not one of those "no play guns" families. :-)

Oh yeah, and on the floor? The huge pile of books that someone got out, perused briefly and then LEFT THERE.

1 comment:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

What...no pee break lol?

Whenever I read your weekly list of classwork your kids do, I feel so horribly inadequate heehee.

I plan on starting the Jane Austin book and trying to put my horribly scattered thoughts into book form.

Thanks Lisa :).

\IiiI