Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - August 8

Outside: 82 and dusk

Sounds: "Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!" (James)

Home: Seems that we need a replacement for Bob's vehicle.

Projects: Time to start thinking seriously about lesson planning. And maybe actually doing some of it.

Pondering: How can it possibly be August 8th???

Teaching: Searching for a good and affordable computer-based spelling program.

Gratitude: Got to hold a very cute baby today!

Recipes: Have a new cookbook called - 70 Meals, One Trip to the Store

Duds: mauve scoop neck tee, navy stretch capris (new), bare feet, slight sunburn on my nose

Reads: Still have What Clothes Reveal: The Language of Clothing in Colonial and Federal America by Linda Baumgarten and also reading The Book Thief by Marcus Zuszak

Vids: a couple episodes of MI-5 (meh.....), 4 episodes of Little Dorrit (love!), Happy Accidents (Netflix Instant - weird), Believe in Me (about 1960's girls basketball - pretty good)

Hopes: that I will know whether or not I should apply for this library job I heard about (FT)

Love: the Great Lakes!

Plans: Working 5 hours M-F, Soccer Conditioning (E,J,S), Soccer practices (D), a bunch of meetings and other stuff.....

Pic: Em's haircut

3 comments:

Wee Pip said...

Yes, you should definitely apply for the library job. I've always wanted to work in the library, doing whatever they would hire me to do:) I was a page once, which paid terrible (less than minimum wage). I was going to college, working ft at a bank, & was newly married. I quit because it was just too much to juggle. They treated me like an irresponsible high schooler, and that grew old, quick. But other than that, I loved being in the library. Of course, I don't know what your job would entail and what you'd have to sacrifice to work there. But it sounds lovely, doesn't it?

Christy said...

Tell me about the job, I'll let you know! Vehicles, bleah, never fun.

~Byn There said...

LOVE the haircut!!