Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - July 25

Outside: 81 and beautiful blue skies with fluffy white clouds

Sounds: Christian radio playing softly, fans humming

Home: This is Cleaning Week. Or so I keep threatening. We shall see if it materializes.

Projects: Soccer - making teams and ordering uniforms - ok, I know I keep saying this and one day I will actually DO it.

Pondering: why we don't do more things just as a family - all 6 of us. Also pondering ways to afford more travel in the next three years, before one of my children graduates from HIGH SCHOOL!

Teaching: buying a used IEW SICC-B (advanced writing curriculum for David and maybe Emily) next week after needing it for a year.

Gratitude: that we live only an hour from one of the Great Lakes. We should take advantage of it more often, as we did today.

Recipes: Threw a cut-up chicken in the slow cooker with some taco seasoning and had chicken tacos Friday. Gonna serve that again tonight for dinner.

Duds: brown tee (different from last week), jean capris, bare feet, wet hair (since just about half an hour ago I was wearing my swimsuit and SAND)

Reads: Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens (downloaded the audiobook free from Librivox) & just finished The Passion of Artemisia by Susan Vreeland (enjoyed it!)

Vids: Little Dorrit (the 1st seven episodes from Masterpiece Theater), Yes Man (re-viewed), and 2012 (do not bother - so dumb)

Hopes: A Miracle is coming. I can feel it. Bring it on, Lord!

Love: smooth stones (just picked up quite a few at Lake Huron)

Plans: Working 4 hours M-F, Soccer Conditioning (E), Soccer VBS (J,S), a few other possibilities

Pic: Lakeport State Park on Lake Huron - 3 of my kids are in the foreground swimming

2 comments:

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

I 'heart' Lisa's Logbook. I need to figure out something for Amy... Amy's Actions???

Denise Bryant said...

I love the beach picture slideshow you put up!!