Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - June 13

The thing my husband was eating was a mini (baby?) octopus. (This was pictured in my previous blog entry.) Ewwwww.... He liked it, though.

Outside
: Dark but still around 70 degrees

Sounds: a window fan, slight noises from upstairs, the clock ticking = pretty quiet here (good since it is nearly midnight!)

Home: Bob put in a new outdoor spigot. Ours has been broken since before his accident, I think. EIGHT YEARS AGO. I think he also worked this weekend on putting Dri-Lok in the basement.

Projects: Moving on to creating soccer teams and ordering uniforms. Also working on co-op schedule.

Pondering: What should we do for our anniversary?

Teaching: The kids are learning a Michigan tree and a Michigan bird every week this summer - their choices.

Gratitude: Thankful for a wonderful weekend visiting my family.

Recipes: Papa John's pizza - yum! Oh, and my mom made some potato salad that was absolutely delish! And Janet made some lasagna.... and a coffee cake... mmmm...

Duds: green/brown plaid shorts, brown shirt, bare feet

Reads: Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens (for book club)

Vids: Amelia (sorry - it left me cold), Precious (raw, but really powerful), went to the theater to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid (loved it - very funny!)

Hopes: that my dad's condition improves rapidly this week so that he can return home

Love: BOOKSTORES - went to two big bookstores this weekend. Could get lost in them. I mean, totally lost. For hours.

Plans: Working 4 hours M-F, Soccer Meeting, Lessons 4 days, the kids have two youth events, our anniversary is Friday, book club is Saturday

Pic:
Our engagement picture. (B/W because it was for the newspaper, not because COLOR photography had not been invented yet. -wry smile-)


No comments: