Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - May 30

Outside: 89 and sunny today (81 right now)

Sounds: the window fan (NOT doing the A/C)

Home: Trying to make things nice and neat since I am hosting a party next weekend

Projects: Entering soccer registrations; Bob is doing car repairs and finally finishing that sidewalk project.

Pondering: my top ten love stories list (books)

Teaching: The trial summer learning week went fairly well, so we will continue in that vein. Maybe I can post a little about it later.

Gratitude: Nice weather!

Recipes: S'mores? Tonight over a fire?

Duds: green plaid shorts, black stretchy tee, bare feet

Reads: going to start The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle for book club, about 3/4 through Echo in the Bone audio (and it's overdue); skimming through lots of magazines

Vids: It's Complicated (rather dull), Little Women (Winona Ryder version), Management (LOVE this movie!), Swimming Upstream (about an Australian competitive swimmer with a dysfunctional family)

Hopes: that my van's A/C can be repaired. Bob replaced a belt that broke again within days, so I am not exceedingly hopeful. However it worked however briefly, so at least we know it's possible.

Love: days with no expectations

Plans: Working 4 hours T-F, field trip to Caseville, a Tomboy Tools party here, a meeting

Pic: This sign always cracks me up.

1 comment:

Kimberly Eddy said...

Hi Lisa, every time I drive by that sign too, I just about die laughing! I actually have a photo of it on my Facebook.