Monday, September 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 21

For Today... September 21, 2009

Outside my window... it is dark and very muggy

I am thinking... about the Spanish classes I will be teaching.

From the learning rooms... somehow my lesson sheets are erased from the computer or just buried deep within the file system - ANNOYING!

I am thankful for... two children old enough to babysit and for my husband's new part-time job (details to come)

From the kitchen... I sauted frozen pierogies. Yum!

I am wearing... light colored jeans, black tee with pirate skull, and yes, I do have makeup on and I curled my hair.

I am reading... listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Disc 6 of 48) by Diana Gabaldon (#6 in Outlander series). Also reading Ted Dekker's The Slumber of Christianity and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas for book club.

I've been watching... X-Men Origins: Wolverine, old corny Bibleman VHS tapes

I am hoping... that the Tae-bo videos I bought at the thrift store today will be challenging

I am creating... lesson planning sheets.

I am hearing... the kids talking about their new library books, except James who is sliding around in the bathtub. Yes, I can hear him squirming around in there.

Around the house... David moved his bedroom out into the large landing at the top of the stairs, so James has the bedroom all to himself now

One of my favorite things... My small town library. The librarian held a book aside for David just because she thought he'd like it. She also heard me and David discussing our DVD selections and gave me the new DVD she was holding for herself.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Soccer board meeting for me, Teaching Spanish, Co-op, Bob's first day of work, Soccer practices and games for David, Suzy, and James, finding a job for me and a better one for Bob.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.

My library - isn't it cute?

1 comment:

~Byn There said...

Way to go on the 5K, you're an inspiration.
Me thinks, thou have a hacker messing with your lessons sheets, lol.
Not sure the name of Alex's play yet, it's a murder-mystery fraught with audience participation. TBA
I did frozen perogies this weekend too with smoked sausage and new cabbage recipe, totally Polish meal. Family fav.
Good news on Bob's employment, hopefully the start of a new wave.
Blessings to all.