Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - April 13

For Today... April 13, 2009

Outside my window... Overcast skies, grass getting a teensy bit greener, the neighbor guy and his son shooting baskets at their new basketball hoop.

I am thinking... about taxes. Ours are finally filed! Thank you, Lord!

From the learning rooms... the absence of lesson plans for the rest of the month (except David's; they're complete). I need to do THAT today too.

I am thankful for... the opportunity to earn some income. Lord, please multiply it to meet our needs!

From the kitchen... the cake Suzy decorated at girls club is sitting on the counter, as well as a bunch of Easter candy. I MAY make the ham today or we may go out to dinner (as a reward for clean rooms).

I am wearing... comfy jeans, black long-sleeved shirt under an apple green flannel shirt. Yep, it's cold.

I am reading... Reading Daniel Deronda by George Eliot for book club. I need to finish listening to A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini) on audiobook. Also perusing bit by bit a book by America's Cheapest Family - the Economides. Going to start reading The Great Brain or maybe A Bear Called Paddington to the kids at lunchtime; I didn't read aloud at all last week.

I am hoping... that my job performance has improved and keeps improving so I can get the bonus pay (and not get fired! lol) I also hope to help Bob with some job applications and to get back to the query letters for Forget-me-not.

I am creating... lesson plans, income tax returns, and not much else.

I am hearing... the thump of the basketball across the street, an audiobook playing upstairs - the narrator has an English accent, Bob sighing across the room

Around the house... the kids are cleaning their rooms today. The boys have undertaken a huge project of redoing beds and such. They say they have a lot more room up there!

One of my favorite things... Watching my kids play soccer!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Easter break ends today, so we will have lessons Tues-Thurs. Friday is co-op and the Spring Program. I will work every day except Friday. Soccer practices Tues/Thurs and games on Sat. Boys have Chess Club, I think. It's the LAST Pioneer Club this week and Sunday they have a Raingutter Regatta.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
It's poor sickly James lounging on the couch engrossed in Star Wars: Renegade Squadron on the PSP. He spent most of Spring Break under the weather.

No comments: