Thursday, July 3, 2008

Could you pass the latest citizenship test?

In October 2008 a new version of the U.S. citizenship test will be taken by all applicants. Could you pass it? The questions are usually selected from a list of 100 samples that prospective citizens can look at ahead of the interview. Some are easy, some are not. We have picked some of the more difficult ones.

NOTES: Candidates are not given multiple choices in the naturalization interview. The following questions have been adapted from the immigration service’s sample questions.

Link to test on MSNBC

As some of you may already know, I never watch the news and pay only cursory attention to current events. Maybe that's to my detriment, but it's never been my area of interest or expertise. Even so, I did get 80% which would apparently qualify me for citizenship. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got 85%, and I was happy to pass. I was pretty sure on the ones I got right and was not surprised to miss a few of the "pursuit of happiness/right to bear arms" answers! Love, Mom