Wednesday, February 11, 2009

They Came, They Bowled, They Partied

Today was our homeschool group's Valentine party, held at a bowling alley. The kids are invited to create a Valentine box to serve as a "mailbox". They are supposed to do this completely on their own (although I think some parents "help" a bit too much). Anyway, this is a 'tradition' in our group. We've done it for years now. Here are my children's entries. David did not participate. In fact, none of the 12+ crowd did. I think all 12 of the ones who showed up in that age group today were all boys!























No, none of my kids won a prize. Each age group was judged separately. But because I thought they each did a phenomenal job deciding what to make and making it, yes, on their own, I bought them each a prize myself.

3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

I love the Valentine boxes idea! Tomorrow I need to corral my kids into Valentine mode. It's not easy to get them to sit down - without a toddler around. sigh... but it IS a fun holiday. Oh, and Caleb has NOT forgot to write James a letter. Poor kid has to wait for his mom to catch up with his desire. I'm SO behind. I think firstborns get put on the backburner too much, but how can that be fixed? Sigh again...

Anonymous said...

The boxes are VERY creative!!! Love, Mom

Wee Pip said...

The boxes were great! I was surprised that James' box didn't win - I heard so many compliments in the hallway on that one. Great job!