Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Woman Daybook - February 9

For Today... February 9, 2009

Outside my Window... more SUNSHINE! I'm getting spoiled. Less snow than last week. It's melllllltttttiiiiinnnngg.

I am thinking... about miracles.

From the learning rooms... a late start today; everyone is ready but being so nice and quiet! (I think that's the equivalent of getting your teacher off talking on a tangent. lol)

I am thankful for... Knowing how to read! And enjoying it! And books being affordable and plentiful!

From the kitchen... Going to go mix up some peasant bread so it can rise for lunch.

I am wearing... Jeans, black silky shirt under a magenta/white/black striped v-neck shirt, white socks, black slippers, and I scrunched my hair sorta curly today. No makeup and not doing any today.

I am reading... . The Note by Angela Hunt. Reading Isaiah in The Message. Going to be reading Jane Eyre for book club soon.

I am hoping... Bob does well on his retake of the census test today.

I am creating... my novel Forget-me-Not and hoping to finish the first draft this week. I may still be looking for a beta reader. Anyone interested (that hasn't already contacted me)?

I am hearing... faint happy sounds from upstairs, the furnace running.

Around the house... I have an organizer basket I want to find a use for. I also want to sew the "extra pieces" onto the recliners. They have a name, but I don't remember what it is. Antimacassar? Anyway, the seats are getting threadbare and I thought I'd sew them there.

One of my favorite things... Potted plants! My husband bought me a potted tulip for Valentine's Day. (Yes, a week early. lol At least he did it, right?) When it blooms, I'll share a photo.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Not as busy. Tuesday the boys have Chess Club and at night James has soccer training, Wednesday we have a Valentine bowling party for our homeschool group and Pioneer Club at night. Saturday is Valentine's Day, so I imagine we'll do something fun. Lots of writing needs to happen!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Yes, that's my family, looking all energetic at the beginning of a day of lessons! LOL Can you say 'apathy', children?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! Somehow I missed the favorite things prompt! I'm gonna have to add it! :) I am seriously jealous of your sunshine! We've had a couple days of it and it was so wonderful...but today is overcast. Ugh!

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook and thanks for dropping by my blog. It's always nice to "meet" other moms! :)

Our snow melted long ago and we've been setting record highs this last week or so. Looks like this week is going to continue with rain instead of snow. Who knew that a Nebraska winter could be this mild? (December and January were miserable...we're due for a break!)

Your picture thought was funny!

Cheers from Nebraska! :)

Wee Pip said...

LOL about kids' being quiet is the equivalent of getting the teacher talking. So true! Love the photo!