Thursday, November 13, 2008

Writing Desk - Antiques Roadshow

I adore Antiques Roadshow. I don't watch it regularly, although now that I'm not working at night, I should start!

Check out this Regency era writing desk. There is a video - secret compartments galore! Oh my, it is LOVELY. You'd probably laugh at me if I said that the beauty of the craftsmanship on this desk made tears come to my eyes. So I won't say it. You didn't hear it here!

Here's a pic, in case you are too lazy to click over. lol But then you'll miss the video! CLICK CLICK CLICK ALREADY! (Ok, I am officially loopy tonight. Sorry!)

I linked to Antiques Roadshow from this historical writers' blog - History Hoydens. Thanks, Janet!

If anyone wants to buy me a present, this desk would do QUITE nicely! A little Christmas-y hint.... lol

2 comments:

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

I have seen quite a few of those writing desks and they are so beautiful! The detail and craftsmanship that went into them is stunning.

I would so love to have one, but I just don't have the 10k-20k it would cost to get one. Let's face it, I could get a facsimile, but why? I'm an antiquey kind of girl lol.

\IiiI

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks for the link.