Monday, November 3, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - November 3


For Today... November 3, 2008

Outside my Window... a repeat of last week - piles of wet leaves (more than last week!), puddles on the wet pavement, cloudy skies

I am thinking... that this makeshift office is effective but unattractive and unstable. (Pic next week, maybe)

From the learning rooms... the beginning of National Novel Writing Month! (NaNoWriMo)

I am thankful for... friends to write with!

From the kitchen... a weekly menu all made out! Aren't I organized? Actually I have an ulterior motive. If the menu is made, someone ELSE can cook! lol

I am wearing... jeans, navy t-shirt under a blue striped long-sleeved shirt, white socks, white house shoes, hair down and brushed out, no makeup, blue earrings!

I am reading... No Plot? No Problem by Chris Baty (NaNoWriMo founder) and also How I Write by Janet Evanovich. Still plugging away at the Psalms in The Message. (Boy, I like them a lot better when I only read one or two at a time instead of bunches in a row. I am SO not a poetry person.) Planning on starting to listen to The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

I am hoping... that my kids will do great at writing today and that I can get a LOT written this afternoon.

I am creating... a novel! Wanna join me? NANOWRIMO

I am hearing... whining from my youngest because I won't let her have any candy, Bob talking to Emily, the clock ringing 10:00.

Around the house... Bob made me a makeshift "office" which is 2 full size pieces of paneling propped up to make a "room" around my computer. Hey, it DOES serve its purpose. I also bought some noise-canceling headphones.

One of my favorite things... New Total Cinnamon Crunch cereal - tastes GREAT and has 4 grams fiber, only 9 grams sugar and 100% of a lot of daily requirements. I also like a very similar cereal from Fiber One. I only get cereals with several grams of fiber, but I have to balance that with ones the kids will eat. Other ones I buy are frosted shredded wheat biscuits, usually a store brand - known here as 'biscuits', Wheat Chex, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Raisin Bran (store brand) sometimes Cheerios, Kashi - the high protein kind, and that's all I can think of right now. No Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, or stuff like that here though, except on special occasions.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Homeschool support meeting Monday night, VOTING Tuesday, Church/Financial Peace University Wednesday, Co-op Friday - Writing, Writing, and more Writing. Need to rack up 17,500 more words by next Monday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Went to Walmart last week with all my kids and 2 of their friends. Here's what happens when you take 3 boys and 3 girls to Walmart - boys in the Lego aisle, girls in the Barbie aisle. Me on the end keeping an eye on both.

No comments: