Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - June 29

I did this blog post before I left for camping and I THOUGHT I set it to post automatically. Apparently, I did not. So here it is. A week late. lol But now you get a photo from the week.

For Today... June 29, 2009

Outside my window... Campers and tents

I am thinking... about the week ahead at Family Camp and the ominous weather forecast.

From the learning rooms... Childrens and Teens programs at Family Camp

I am thankful for... the opportunity to attend Family Camp this year, after two years of working during the summer.

From the kitchen... A pre-planned menu of easy meals, as much pre-cooked as possible. Even using the slow cooker at our campsite!

I am wearing... Probably shorts and a short-sleeved top, flip-flops

I am reading... The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (actually a re-read).

I've been watching... Confessions of a Shopaholic

I am hoping... that I can jog my same routine at the campground this week - five 40-45 minute sessions during the 10 days. (NOTE: I managed three jogs. The weather was WET WET WET!)

I am creating... better relationships with family and friends

I am hearing... kids riding their bikes up and down the dirt lane

Around the camper... Probably a bunch of dirty laundry right about now. Planning a laundromat visit in another couple days.

One of my favorite things... Sitting around the campfire, sharing stories.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Enjoying the teaching and worship at Family Camp, as well as the lazy afternoons.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:

No comments: