Monday, June 1, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - June 1

For Today... June 1, 2009

Outside my window... a blue bike laying on long green damp grass, a bird rising off the grass and flying into the tree, sun dappling the pavement, a silver sedan driving by following by a white one and then a bright yellow coupe.

I am thinking... about all the things that I need to do this week - vision, doctor and dental appointments to schedule for the kids, Make arrangements to pick up some curriculum, call several people, schedule swim lessons and field schools and that's just off the top of my head.

From the learning rooms... Some map workbooks ready to hand to the kids. And a half-baked idea about earning points for doing summer learning.

I am thankful for... a husband who prays.

From the kitchen... a grocery list and a half-written menu plan for the week.

I am wearing... Jeans, black long-sleeved shirt (that I LOVE), white socks, white tennies, makeup on, hair blown straight.

I am reading... about ready to start Perelandra by C.S. Lewis. I've had a hard time getting into fiction lately. I'm going to get 1000 Splendid Suns from the library in book format, since I wasn't able to finish listening to the audio.

I've been watching... NCIS Season 1, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (LIVE at a nearby high school - Twice!), George and the Dragon (a PG movie that was just ok, the bloopers at the end were hilariously funny though!)

I am hoping... that the scale will show a decrease this week. (Thursday is weigh-in day.)

I am creating... a synopsis of my novel Forget-Me-Not. Harder than it sounds really, because not only does it have to condense the action of the novel into about 5 pages, it also has to be written in a compelling voice. That way the agent will want to read the whole thing. This MUST be accomplished this week. MUST. MUST. MUUUUUUUST.

I am hearing... James asking Bob where he is going, the announcements from the PA system at the school down the street. (It's incredible how loud those are!), birds chirping, faint audiobook noises from upstairs.

Around the house... Planning Suzy's birthday party! I have a large pile of feather boas as a start.

One of my favorite things... Cheerful attitudes

A few plans for the rest of the week... Work every day, meeting with the soccer registrar, homeschool parent support meeting, kids have their last art class, park day, and David is going to Cedar Point with friends.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
David bought an old Lego robotics kit at a yard sale for $3 and has been busy creating all kinds of things with it. The kit was designed to be R2-D2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NCIS is one of our regularly-watched shows. Let me know how you like it! Love, Mom