Monday, June 15, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - June 15

For Today... June 15, 2009

Outside my window... Sunshine! A cloudless blue sky! A carpet of green grass! A neighbor walking her dog. A shiny red pickup driving by.

I am thinking... about Blu-Ray and regular DVD. And what if a movie comes out as a "Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy combo package"? Does that mean I can play it in my regular DVD player??

From the learning rooms... Continuing with Sun & Fun. Each child has earned several suns so far, with James leading the pack.

I am thankful for... a great thought-provoking sermon yesterday. Thank you, Pastor Nathan!

From the kitchen... A few groceries I got this morning, and an empty menu planning sheet. I better get to that!

I am wearing... Jean capris, a lilac sparkly tee, and black sparkly flip-flops (Guess I AM sparkly!)

I am reading... I didn't read Perelandra yet, so maybe that will happen this week. Going to be starting Frankenstein soon for book club, although I have to say I am the least excited about that choice of any we've done so far. Would far rather read the new Jeffery Deaver I just got from the library, so maybe I'll be doing that instead! I have way too many choices for reading material actually, and not enough time to read.

I've been watching... The Librarian and the Quest for the Spear, NCIS Season 1, New in Town (Zellweger, Connick), The Importance of Being Earnest, Galaxy Quest (first time!)

I am hoping... David's camp week is both fun and spiritually challenging.

I am creating... Working on my queries and editing Mystery Valley Ranch

I am hearing... Birds chirping, kids talking outside

Around the house... Some neighbors moved out yesterday and passed a lot of stuff on to us, so I'm sorting through that. Painting commences this week!

One of my favorite things... Beach Days! They're awesome!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Work every day, pick strawberries, meeting with SOF Co-Leaders, David is at camp Mon-Fri, Our 21st anniversary on Thursday, Beach Day Friday, David has a car wash fundraiser on Sat, and we have an open house to go to over the weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
This is the pie I made for Bob's birthday at the end of May. It's a Strawberry Dream pie. This time I made it with a chocolate graham cracker crust (storebought), strawberry jello, and frozen whipped topping (and cream cheese). It can be made a lot of different ways, but strawberry is his favorite.

From Drop Box
From Drop Box

1 comment:

Grandmother Wren said...

Look at that Pie!
Lucky, lucky Birthday Boy!

I've set up a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren's so we Summer Daybook ladies will have an easier job finding one another.
Please stop by on Mondays and add your link!