Monday, June 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - June 22

For Today... June 22, 2009

Outside my window... Late afternoon sunshine, green grass, kids coloring with sidewalk chalk.

I am thinking... about kids growing up - three of Bob's nieces/nephews are engaged to be married (and maybe four?).

From the learning rooms... Library Summer Reading programs

I am thankful for... good family relationships.

From the kitchen... sandwich stuff and chips for lunch, taco fixings for dinner.

I am wearing... Khaki shorts, yellow tank top, black flip-flops, hair in a barrette, no makeup.

I am reading... The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich comes out this week! Hopefully I can obtain it before leaving for Family Camp! And I need to read Frankenstein....

I've been watching... Vantage Point (wow! Need to watch again, paying more attention), High School Musical 2, Just Friends (terrible!), NCIS Season 1 (still)

I am hoping... that I can jog my same routine at the campground next week.

I am creating... a menu (and grocery list) and packing list for camping

I am hearing... Kids talking quietly out on the front lawn, the fan humming in the window, someone starting a lawnmower

Around the house...WAY too many library books!

One of my favorite things... A nice day at the BEACH.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Work Tues-Thursday, meeting with Soccer registrar, Two of the kids are doing 3 days of VBS, my sister is coming with her 4 kids to spend a day, and we are getting ready for a trip.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.

Tell me what you think James is holding!


2 comments:

Niffercoo said...

Is he holding a meatball?

And yes, you CAN do the jogging while you're at camp! And maybe, you'll inspire others to go with you!

Denise Bryant said...

Ewwwww!!! A brownie?

It was great spending the day with you today! And the beach was awesome.