Sunday, March 8, 2009

Simple Woman Daybook - March 9

For Today... March 9, 2009

Outside my window... There is SNOW on the grass! It's overcast and gloomy.

I am thinking... about perusing one or both of the books I have inter-library loaned. The topic is revising your manuscript.

From the learning rooms... a two-hour delay :-)

I am thankful for... Emily's party going so well and for her party being OVER.

From the kitchen... Coffee. I don't know what I'll make for meals today or any day. lol

I am wearing... Jeans that I've never fit into before! A black v-neck stretchy shirt and a plum-colored velour sweatshirt. White socks, black slippers, wet hair...

I am reading... North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (for book club). Finishing Deadly Reunion by Florence Case. About ready to give up on Miracles by C.S. Lewis - it's too profound for my little brain. Still in Isaiah in The Message, although I didn't read there last week.

I am hoping... that my beta readers will find time to read Forget-Me-Not (my novel) sometime soon. I need to get that polished up. (If you're a beta, consider that a poke! lol)

I am creating... a list of possible book/movie choices for my book club

I am hearing... The furnace, my kids upstairs giggling and avoiding their responsibilities.

Around the house... Happy Birthday balloons left from Em's party, my huge new thesaurus, a new hula hoop that smells like fruit, Horatio Hornblower DVD's, and my teenage son laying on the living room floor wrapped in a red and white comforter.

One of my favorite things... finding just the right word

A few plans for the rest of the week... Lessons Mon-Friday, querying and editing every afternoon if possible. James has soccer clinic on Tuesday night, Wednesday is Pioneer Club. A calmer week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
These are the "square root" vegetables David cut in honor of Square Root Day 3/3/09. Get it?

1 comment:

MICHELE said...

You DO look great, with the 15 lb weigh loss! I would of did the happy dance, if I wiggled into a smaller pair of jeans!! Keep up the hard work!

Love David's root vegetables....very creative.

You mean your kids ignore their responsibilities, too? I thought it was just my perfect child????

Mich