Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Woman Daybook - March 2


For Today... March 2, 2009 (I wrote most of this late Sunday night/early Monday morning, but I forgot about finishing it! Sorry)

Outside my window... Cold and dark. Very cold. (Yep, still that way now late Mon night/early Tues am.)

I am thinking... about what handicrafts I can take along to the support meeting tonight, and also what crafts my daughter would like to do at her party Friday. And I am not crafty.

From the learning rooms... Freshly printed assignment sheets for the month. I adore lesson planning!

I am thankful for... DVD's from the library

From the kitchen... well, not much happened in there today - macaroni and cheese emerged at lunch and I wasn't here for dinner, but I bet they ate PBJ.

I am wearing... light blue thermal jammies (long johns), my fleece robe, fleece socks, and black slippers. (That was last night, but tonight is different jammies and everything else the same.)

I am reading... Miracles by C.S. Lewis. Still in Isaiah in The Message, although I didn't read there last week. I finished a book by Jeffery Deaver this past week and haven't started another book. I just ordered North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. CAN'T WAIT to read it.

I am hoping... that my beta readers will find time to read Forget-Me-Not (my novel) sometime soon.

I am creating... a list of literary agents to query regarding Forget-Me-Not and a query letter to send out.

I am hearing... the ending of Northanger Abbey. Man, I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

Around the house... I looked around here and it looks pretty much the same as always. lol

One of my favorite things... stepping on the scale and seeing a LOWER number than I saw there the week before! I have lost 15 pounds in the last 2 months.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Emily turns twelve this week! Lessons Mon-Thurs, Co-op Friday, querying and editing every afternoon if possible. Monday night is support group meeting, James has soccer clinic on Tuesday night and the girls have Keepers at Home, Wednesday is Pioneer Club. Friday night, Emily is having her birthday party, Saturday we've been invited to a friend's house. DANG! Busy.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
How many Legos can one boy have? (Well, two boys, but just one really owns the Legos.)

5 comments:

MICHELE said...

Wow, Tommie would head dive into those lego's!

Happy Birthday Emily!

I didn't do the daybook this week..because "mine" always sounds the same... BORING!

I'm glad you did yours though!

Mich

Luke Holzmann said...

Lots of Legos? Looks like a beautiful thing to me [smile].

~Luke

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

How does one become a beta reader???

\IiiI

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Objective feedback? Hmm, I think I can do that lol. Yes, I am requesting...

Denise Bryant said...

Happy birthday to Emily and that's a lot of Legos!