Sunday, December 6, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - December 6

For Today... December 6, 2009

Outside my window... Dark. Today was sunny until late afternoon and then rather gray.

I am thinking... about these Spanish homework assignments that need correcting and that I have been procrastinating.

From the learning rooms... Our Christmas Study this year is from Teaching Mom. We are only picking and choosing parts of this. Will post about it this week.

I am thankful for... Geekstogo.com - The forums are great. One of the techs is walking me through the steps to clean a pesky recalcitrant virus off our desktop computer. It's FREE, did I mention?

From the kitchen... Christmas Cookies! I had the kids each pick two recipes they wanted to try this year. So we have a lot to attempt!

I am wearing... PJ's and a robe and I have a cozy blanket on my lap and over my feet.

I am reading... A Midsummer Night's Dream, yes, by the Bard of Avon, and also still plugging away slowly at unChristian (a book best digested in bits). I have a Francine Rivers book to read and am going to jump into a re-read of LOTR soon.

I've been watching... NCIS, Persuasion

I am hoping... I can come to terms with running in the cold. I do NOT like cold weather. Never have. I can remember crying from being SO cold when I was sledding, and everyone else was happily playing.

I am creating... CHRISTMAS COOKIES! I'll try to post the recipes as we go.

I am hearing... the furnace running, the clock ticking, the DVD player spinning since no one actually turned it off

Around the house... Setting up the Christmas tree and decorations.

One of my favorite things... Playing Minorca with my friends (even when I don't WIN!)

A few plans for the rest of the week... The last Spanish class of the year, going to see New Moon, running a 5K (brrr!) and my book club night!

1 comment:

~Byn There said...

I need to get busy with cookies too but I keep rearranging my house instead....

Look forward to you blogging your cookie adventures.