Sunday, December 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - December 27

For Today... December 27, 2009

Outside my window... Overcast with snow showers

I am thinking... about my son turning FIFTEEN this week. FIFTEEN!!! How is that possible?

From the learning rooms... This week we are not having lessons.

I am thankful for... so many Christmas blessings!

From the kitchen... a LOT of cookies and fudge - hanging on to it until New Year's.... Leftovers from Christmas Day are gone already. Will be making potato soup with the hambone this week. Tomorrow?

I am wearing... Favorite jeans, long sleeved black shirt, pink fuzzy hoodie, pink socks, slippers, hair in barrette, no makeup.

I am reading... U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton (I've read, and enjoyed, the entire Kinsey series - 21 books now!)

I've been watching... Babes in Toyland, The Polar Express, It's a Wonderful Life, SpongeBob SquarePants, City of Ember, 17 Again

I am hoping... the weather co-operates for two or three outdoor runs this week.

I am creating... GOTTA get some work done on that Egypt novel! TODAY it must happen!

I am hearing... happy sounds from upstairs

Around the house... I have a desk now! In my bedroom! And I can close (and lock!) the door!

One of my favorite things... Michael W. Smith's Christmastime album

A few plans for the rest of the week... Writing, celebrating my son's birthday, maybe getting together with friends?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
Christmas morning - my husband and my almost-15yo son
From 2009-12-25

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that pic of Bob and David!-
Janet

~Byn There said...

Happy Birthday to David! I know I can't believe Alexandra is 17 either but yet they just keep on getting older. In 2010 I'll have 3 kids in the double digits! Wow, and yet I look like I'm not old enough to be their mother some days... lol