Sunday, December 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - December 13


For Today... December 13, 2009

Outside my window... Overcast and drippy. There was freezing rain during the night.

I am thinking... about working on my Egyptian romance novella and expanding it to full-length

From the learning rooms... Lots of cookies

I am thankful for... for a great 5K race yesterday, even in the freezing temps!

From the kitchen... we had a premade sub sandwich for lunch which is always a big hit! lol

I am wearing... my 5K shirt from the Santa Shuffle yesterday, a tank top, a sweatshirt, black lounge pants, white shoes (since my slippers died.... pouting.....)

I am reading...Still plugging away slowly at unChristian (a book best digested in bits) and just starting The Rough Guide to Running. Have a couple Christmas novels to choose from too and a few other things including Ted Dekker's Green which I am going to read aloud to David

I've been watching... A Midsummer Night's Dream (LOVED IT!), Galaxy Quest, Elf

I am hoping... that there are actually people reading this. Sometimes it feels like no one is reading because so few people comment. (Yes, that's a shameless plea for comment love...)

I am creating... a Christmas letter

I am hearing... James practicing multiplication facts, the laptop fan humming, and the girls doing dishes (for the moment, they are happily working together)

Around the house... Bob is working slowly at getting the "new" larger fridge into the kitchen (since the old fridge seems to have gone off to Appliance Heaven)

One of my favorite things... borrowing magazines from the library. Currently I have copies of Health (Dec 09), Consumer Reports (Jan 2010), Ladies Home Journal (Dec 09/Jan 10), Redbook (Nov 09), Natural Solutions (Dec 09), Mother Earth News (Oct/Nov 09), and Martha Stewart Living (Dec 09).

A few plans for the rest of the week... Scrapping with friends on Monday, Christmas lessons all week, Christmas party with homeschool group, and family get-together over the weekend

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Oh, I read it all the time! And I'll leave you a comment! (it was nice to get a comment from you, too!!!) hah Funny about appliance heaven, but only because you had a spare. If you didn't, then it would not be funny at all...

Sadie said...

:::comment love:::

~Byn There said...

Lovin' the mint thumbprint cookie concept, do they taste as good as they look? I may have to give those a try.

Anonymous said...

I read it too!! love love--Janet