These were Wednesday's cookies:
Buckeye Delights (from Betty Crocker)
Cookie Base (I used premade sugar cooky dough and added cocoa)
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 36 mini muffin cups with mini foil candy cups (about 1 1/4 inch). In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until dough forms. Press about 1 tablespoon dough into each foil cup. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until puffy and set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove from pan.
2. In small bowl, mix filling ingredients until well blended. Press about 1 teaspoon mixture on top of each cooled cookie.
3. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cooled. Spread about 2 teaspoons chocolate mixture over each cookie cup.
4. Place remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until softened; knead to mix. Cut off small tip from one corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate mixture over each cookie cup. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. Store covered in refrigerator.
Chocolate Mint Thumbprints
(from the Betty Crocker Christmas Cookie magazine)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
2 egg yolks
16 drops green food color
2 1/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3 tbsp. whipping cream
3 tbsp. butter
18 thin rectangular creme de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped, cut in half diagonally (I used mint chocolate chips - green striped)
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Beat in peppermint extract, egg yolks and food color until blended. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Using end of handle of wooden spoon, press a deep well in center of each cookie.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Reshape wells with end of handle of wooden spoon. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool competely, about 15 minutes.
5. In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, cream and 3 tbsp. butter on high 1 minute, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Fill each well with about 1 tbsp. chocolate mixture; garnish with candy piece. Let stand about 1 hour until chocolate is set.
~ ~ ~ ~
Gotta run! The timer is dinging!