Monday, December 8, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - December 8


For Today... December 8, 2008

Outside my Window... That white stuff. We are under a winter storm watch - snow, then freezing rain, then more snow - possibly 6 inches. I'll believe it when I see it.

I am thinking... about when to do my errands - library, grocery store, post office - and when to have Emily make her food for the Christmas tea. Considering the winter storm watch, I better go sooner than later, eh?

From the learning rooms... After 2 hit-or-miss weeks (holiday and illness), we are getting back to full lessons for the next two weeks.

I am thankful for... my husband's handyman skills and for my dryer!

From the kitchen... an almost empty 2 liter of ginger ale. A full freezer.

I am wearing... jeans, long sleeved black shirt, long sleeved green flannel shirt buttoned over the other, black socks, white house shoes, hair pulled back in a barrette. No makeup. Evidently I never wear makeup on Mondays. lol

I am reading... Cook's Treasure by Jennifer Cooper and still listening to the audiobook of The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (#5 in Outlander series).

I am hoping... that the germs have left our house.

I am creating... lists, lists, and more lists - lesson plans, grocery list, gift lists, Christmas card lists, recipe lists.

I am hearing... Bob doing multiplication flashcards with James. Suzy chomping on a candy necklace. The recliner chair squeaking. The furnace blowing. (THANK GOD!)

Around the house... My office has been removed and put away for the holiday. We have not done any decorating yet, but we will this week!

One of my favorite things... a hot shower. Blissful!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Chess Club for my boys, Christmas tea for me and the girls, church on Wednesday night, homeschool group Christmas party, Friday sleepovers for 3 of the kids

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Our NaNoWriMo incentive chart (early in November)

3 comments:

Anita Ann said...

WOOHOO! NANOWRIMO! I did it for the first time this year.

Denise Bryant said...

A furnace working IS a wonderful thing when there's white stuff outside, eh?

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

We have stinky baseboard heating that doesn't heat a thing :(.

Some bling is a good thing, remember that.

M.C. Beaton's book are wonderful detective mysteries. A relatively quick and absolutely fun read. I promise you will enjoy them. Start with the Hamish Macbeth's then move on to the Agatha Raisin's :).