Monday, December 15, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - December 15


For Today... December 15, 2008

Outside my Window... A streetlight is casting a glow on the ice and snow. The neighbors have white lights on their porch, garage, and bushes and lighted candy canes lining their walk, as well as an inflatable lighted snowman. (Makes up for the cackling witch, doesn't it? lol) Note: it is 1 am on Monday.

I am thinking... about friendships - the dynamics, the reasons, the expectations, the difficulties, the blessings.

From the learning rooms... Lesson plan sheets have a good start. We need to get three good days in this week and probably two next week in order to accomplish everything I wanted to do for December.

I am thankful for... my husband! He puts up with me and doesn't complain when I want to go out with my friends.

From the kitchen... Assorted candy and graham crackers - we are making "gingerbread" houses this week! I also am going to make penuche. (Yes, my family - penuche for all y'all!) Last week we made a pile of Christmas cookies, so those are here too, as well as a pan of fudge.

I am wearing... Jeans, navy t-shirt under a navy and light blue striped long sleeve shirt, black socks. I did curl my hair and put on makeup. Note: it is 1 am on Monday, so this is my Sunday night look. lol

I am reading... Northpoint Chalet by Debra White Smith and Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass. Still trying to find time to listen to The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.

I am hoping... that we get good news very soon about Bob's disability hearing. It's been three months since the hearing and we have not gotten the decision yet. Please join me in praying for a miracle!

I am creating... my annual Christmas letter. It's almost done!

I am hearing... the clock ticking and that's all!

Around the house... The Christmas tree and decorations are up, although we don't do very much decorating.

One of my favorite things... a sibling showing love to another sibling.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
3 days of lessons, making gingerbread houses, getting Christmas gifts and food ready for our family celebration over the weekend, visiting friends on Wednesday to watch Mamma Mia, church Christmas party for the kids Wed night. Also my husband is volunteering at the traveling homeless shelter this week and next week. He does that in the middle of the night.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
These are some of the homeschoolers who turned up for our Christmas party on Friday. This was before the action began. We had food, a book exchange and then an hour of swimming. Almost 130 people showed up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted about the Christmas party! It sure looked like a ton of fun!!!

Mich.

P.S. I love the denim stocking. I wish I knew how to sew.

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

And I don't doubt that some of those Christmas nummies are going to Marla's lol??

Karen said...

Enjoyed your daybook. The party looked fun!! Have a merry Christmas.
Karen

Unknown said...

Parties are always fun! Merry Christmas!